Always in This Twilight

Member Since Feb 2015
75.1k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 17, 2021 at 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chihirochild View Post
I think that kind of policy is pretty stupid. If therapists want to get paid, they should be willing to do the paperwork that allows me to pay them. I don’t like filling out paperwork for my patients either but I’m not allowed to just refuse to do it.

I think it’s part of this thing where therapists can feel guilty about charging for their services. This came up a lot in my psychoanalytic fellowship actually; new therapists were often flummoxed when the therapist’s needs (to get paid, to end session on time, etc.) came to the forefront. And then when therapists feel guilty/flummoxed, they can get stupid and reflexively clamp down on their boundaries.

Another stupid thing is that he is bad at technology even though he’s only 40 or so, which meant that I had to spend 15 minutes of session walking him through how to open the form in preview and create a signature and drag it to the correct part of the form, etc.

I agree that they should be willing to fill out some paperwork. I was spoiled at ex-T and ex-MC's practice because they had office staff that not only filled stuff out but submitted the claims (even though it was out-of-network benefits). Dr. T is just him, no staff or anything. Sounds like it's the same with your T?

That's interesting on the guilt about charging for their services then leading them to clamp down on boundaries.

Dr. T doesn't seem to have issues about charging for his services. He seems almost too open about that at times, like once a while back I thanked him for an extra session and said I felt bad that he'd extended his day for it. He said it wasn't a problem and that the session would enable him to buy a solar phone charger that he'd wanted. Which felt...kind of weird. Like he was getting this extra item for my distress, almost? I know he was trying to make me feel better, but still... Then again, he can be generous in terms of reducing his rates when clients need it (including me, but I know he's charged as little as $5 a session to a past client), so, it's not like he's just money-hungry.

And that is annoying having to show him how to do that. Was that part of your session time, too? At least Dr. T is pretty up on technology (and he's even older than your T!). I hope it all works out that you can just use that form.

Hugs from:
Breaking Dawn, SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
Quietmind 2