View Single Post
Kelly68

Member Since May 2021
156 hugs
given
Default Aug 17, 2021 at 08:05 PM

Kind of interesting thoughts here. I'm a simpleton really, but in my Country I do have a disability that I still am on benefits through the Govt, In all honesty, those with even less on welfare, it's not enough to find housing. People have to dig into the alloted amount for food clothing and basic needs to cover rent. I've seen videos where people end up with less than a few hundred dollars to cover everything other than shelter, meaning groceries, which have skyrocketed in price, lucky if you have a phone, no internet, and lucky to be able to buy the luxury of soaps and tp. It really is a sad world, so wishing the middle class could get a hand up, that's fine, but I wish they knew what it's like to live below poverty level. Then if you try to work, good luck finding a job that lets you work minimum hours lest you work a few too many hours and lose the right to disability :benefits" that no one can realistically live on.
And I do think there's good reason we don't have a universal wage. What would people's motivation be? What would they compare their situation to and want to be productive for?
Kelly68 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
SprinkL3