Quietmind 2
Poohbah

Member Since Jan 2020
8 hugs
given
Default Aug 17, 2021 at 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chihirochild View Post
I think that kind of policy is pretty stupid. If therapists want to get paid, they should be willing to do the paperwork that allows me to pay them. I don’t like filling out paperwork for my patients either but I’m not allowed to just refuse to do it.

I think it’s part of this thing where therapists can feel guilty about charging for their services. This came up a lot in my psychoanalytic fellowship actually; new therapists were often flummoxed when the therapist’s needs (to get paid, to end session on time, etc.) came to the forefront. And then when therapists feel guilty/flummoxed, they can get stupid and reflexively clamp down on their boundaries.

Another stupid thing is that he is bad at technology even though he’s only 40 or so, which meant that I had to spend 15 minutes of session walking him through how to open the form in preview and create a signature and drag it to the correct part of the form, etc.
Sounds so frustrating. I feel like if the therapist struggles with that part of their job, or has too many different kinds of paperwork regarding billing (not clinical notes) then hire someone to do the administrative tasks.

He shouldn't be using your session time for you to actually teach him ugh. Can't he use Google? Not hard to Google how to create the signature as an image file then put it in.

I did that in 5 minutes on a whim one day at my old job because I got irritated with 20 people having to print out forms, sign them, bring them to me to counter sign, then I had to scan it back in and digitally file those forms.

ETA: whoops, just scrolled down and realised I missed a bunch of posts. My T's clinic has software that automatically generates invoices. No idea about insurance paperwork as I'm not insured for therapy. Very few insurances here cover for therapy, but I know some do as the clinic website mentions one can use insurance.

Hugs from:
SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
chihirochild, LonesomeTonight