View Single Post
Anonymous41462

Default Aug 22, 2021 at 10:26 PM

I've also been diagnosed as having TRAITS of both borderline and narcissistic. I also like introspection. I find it amusing and if it never amounts to anything more than that, if i never come to any conclusions, well then, it has been an enjoyable hobby, a pleasant way to pass the time.

I always remember how wounded i was when my ex-husband said, "You think and think and think, but what you come up with is not that original."

The pain of that has passed tho and i just accept this is a dynamic i LIKE to indulge in. I'm under no illusions that it's purposeful or will lead to any ground-breaking thesis. It's just how i am.

Also, the problem for me is that personality disorders are said to occur regardless of mood state. For example, self-defeating personality disorder traits do not occur just when depressed.

When i'm hypomanic and euphoric it might look like narcissism but i also love all of humanity too and that's not narcissism at all.

When i'm depressed i am intensely bothered by traits of self-defeating personality disorder. It's very painful.

When i am mixed, i am extremely borderline.

DSM says diagnoses of traits of personality disorders are only valid when they cannot be better accounted for by mood disorders. So i can't see how i can have both.

I like the approach of solving problems in therapy regardless of diagnostic label. The diagnoses are largely for the purposes of billing insurance companies, anyways.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Fuzzybear