View Single Post
Cassoway

Member Since Aug 2021
21 hugs
given
Default Aug 25, 2021 at 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whereto52 View Post
I tried to see it that way too but I see other people who manage to keep a steady progress or get decent grades and then I look at myself.
For some reason for me its more set backs than progress.
Everyone around seems to be 2000 steps ahead in life while I struggle to even get 2 steps in.
That could be the story of my life. I find it difficult to trust my own perceptions of how other people are doing and have spent years and years beating myself over my failures. Of course a lot of people will remind you that it is not always the case that othetvpeople's progress is not what it seems. Certainly a lot of people aren't doing as well as I perceive them to be. However, that doesn't mean the perception isn't real.

Also, there are some people who are doing better, and do so in ways which seem effortless and really hard to understand. I try to, remind myself that this is life, some people get breaks, some people have different skills and abilities and most importantly of all, some people don't have to deal with the same s#!t of doubt, self hatred and low mood as others. Maybe your two steps forward are a much greater achievement than theirs because of what you have to overcome to.make them. Also who gets to dictate success? Maybe other people's success isn't as meaningful as they think it is if you can find a way to judge success in your terms?
Cassoway is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Whereto52