View Single Post
Giraffe101

Member Since Jan 2020
19 hugs
given
Arrow Aug 25, 2021 at 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by modestlychee6463 View Post
I have felt rather useless as an autistic female. thought I should point that out there. I'm more likely to be shamed than a male. Females are treated like you're supposed to be ever so patient and compassionate and controlled most of the time. That's why you feel this. So as you can see, it's not surprising for girls to feel more shame than boys.

Yeah, I know what you mean - but sadly it applies to women everywhere, not just autistic ones or anyone with a different mental health condition. The whole "little girls are seen, not heard" is still a motto in many places I know: when I was little and now.

I don't know if this opinion helps, but I've done a lot of thinking about all that's been happening to me and my mental health. And honestly, people who are trying to shame me are just projecting their own insecurities on me: don't make me a scapegoat, get your own life and live it. I'm honestly quite happy being weird and I'm not here to be patient nor compassionate to people who don't deserve it. It has been a really good way of thinking for me so far.
Giraffe101 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote