View Single Post
SlumberKitty
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Jul 2018
117.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 26, 2021 at 01:31 PM

Has anyone here done a virtual IOP? What is it like? There is one that I am applying to--it's 5 days a week (Monday through Friday) three hours a day. I would have to leave work a little early but I got that cleared with my boss already. Right now the place is verifying my insurance. I don't know how long that takes. So I am really nervous. I have been IP and I've done outpatient therapy for a long time but I've never done an IOP. So I don't know what to expect. The admissions person sent me over a sample schedule and it has CBT and DBT and ACT (whatever that one is) skills on it, and process groups and commitment groups. Whatever those are. I am hopeful this will help me not be in crisis so much. I can't see my T that often because he only works two days a week and I need an appointment later in the day for work. So I only see him about every three to four weeks. I'm hoping if everything goes through with the insurance that it will help me with the depression and self harm. I just don't know what to expect and I'm really anxious waiting to hear what the next step is....assuming my insurance will cover it, which I think it will. The program lasts from 30 to 45 days which is a lot. I have two religious classes during the week too so that would be some late nights. But it is doable, I think. I'm just really anxious. You know...fear of the unknown and stuff. I don't see my T until Sept. 7th so I can't talk it over with him to see what he thinks. Honestly, he doesn't see me in crisis so I don't think he will think it necessary because usually when I see him the crisis has past. But my poor support people, I must wear them out. Super nervous. Anyone have any insights they want to share?

Hugs from:
ArtieTheSequal, Breaking Dawn, Favorite Jeans, LonesomeTonight, LostOnTheTrail, Mountaindewed