View Single Post
Soupe du jour
Elder

Member Since Jun 2015
13.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 26, 2021 at 02:05 PM

I haven't for about 11 years, but before that I had been prescribed some (no more than one at any given time) but also always with at least one moodstabizer and one antipsychotic.

It became clear, for me, that antidepressants were only destabilizing. Even with bipolar meds. In fact, they may have been responsible for at least half of my psych hospitalizations. I think "No antidepressants!" might have even made it into my psych hospital chart. My pdoc of 14 years stated the same.

I think many of us have at points been prescribed an antidepressant. And when I hear of or see others' med lists, there is often an AD as part of the cocktail. But I have encountered pdocs opposed to prescribing them for bipolar disorder. Especially not for bp1. My current pdoc made a statement implying as much. That doesn't bother me because of above. But if I took an AD and liked it, I'd be feeling similar to what you've expressed.

Many websites and books that discuss bipolar medications seem to mention the cautious use of antidepressants.

Psych Medications:
* Tegretol XR (carbamazepine ER) 800 mg
* Lamictal (lamotrigine) 150 mg
* Seroquel XR (quetiapine ER) 600 mg

I also take meds for blood pressure, cholesterol, and tachycardia.
Soupe du jour is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*, bizi

Thanks for this!
*Beth*