Threadtastic Postaholic

Member Since Dec 2018
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 26, 2021 at 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethRags View Post
Thanks to each of you, I appreciate your feedback.

I have a new pdoc, don't care for her at all. She said that no one who is bipolar could possibly be on an AD. She emphasized no one. Right away I thought of all of us here and I was sure that some of you take an AD. Actually, she's not even a pdoc, she's a D.O. Seems to have some odd ideas about psych meds, which leaves me feeling very uncomfortable.

Bipolar Antidepressant Types: SSRIs, MAOIs, Tricyclic

Antidepressants and Bipolar Disorder

Antidepressants in Bipolar II Disorder

Omg @BethRags! I’m so annoyed I want to scream ! I seriously get so angry when I hear of doctors actually saying things like this. Like do they not understand how to google? Do they not know the difference between Wikipedia WebMD and the psychiatric times?

Bipolar treatment: Are bipolar I and bipolar II treated differently? - Mayo Clinic
Is the mayo clinic not reliable enough? I’m not a doctor but I’m sick of bipolar being misrepresented by old school doctors who never receive follow up training or don’t care to. Where they don’t maintain their duty to take to continuing education. Or they are holding onto their old ideas from college that was 20 years ago! There are thousands of thousands of cited articles about how anti-depressants are just fine for bipolar people.WHEN TAKEN IN CONJUNCTION WITH OTHER MEDS !!
Personally I would be so annoyed I’d print all of this poop out and slap her silly with it but I guess you probably need to maintain a good relationship eh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*, bizi

Thanks for this!
*Beth*, luvyrself