Wise Elder

Member Since Apr 2015
9,387 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 26, 2021 at 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluffyDinosaur View Post
Osteopathy is alternative medicine though, feels a bit wonky to me. Maybe the eventual specialization process in psychiatry is the same, I wouldn't know. But regardless of that, it's a pretty odd stance to say that ADs are never used in bipolar. The combination of an AD with a mood stabilizer is pretty common. I wouldn't feel comfortable, either, with someone who holds such strange opinions.
I didn't mean she was a GOOD pdoc, just that she was one .

I've seen mostly DOs for years (my pdoc and family doc are both DOs) and never had anything happen differently than an MD appointment aside from they are more person focused. Maybe that's just mine but my experiences with DOs have been really positive. I would NOT however want one who thought something as asinine as people with BP don't take ADs. I had an MD pdoc once who thought that it was impossible to have a master's degree and work in healthcare and have BP and it was a miserable experience.

Hugs from:
bizi

Thanks for this!
sarahsweets