View Single Post
rechu
Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
1,043 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 27, 2021 at 05:14 PM

hvert - my condolences for the loss of your fellow volunteer. My husband has this friend that he has known since they were young. When my husband's godmother, who mainly raised him, passed, he became family to them. He was always invited to spend the holidays or go on vacation with them. When we started dating, I soon went to meet them. The family has a huge plot of land with several houses on it on the edge of the Andes foothills.

Anyways, one of the brothers of his friend was a cancer survivor, so he had to go in every so often for scans to see if it had returned. Due to Covid, he had to put off a checkup. By the time it was discovered that the cancer was back, it was too late. We couldn't even go to the funeral to offer support to my husband's friend due to the lockdown in place at the time. It was limited to a few family members.

The whole Delta thing is weird here. Everyone was expecting a local outbreak in San Javier due to the first case who was out and about going to a funeral, restaurants and such without following protocols. That never happened.

Hugs from:
Discombobulated, hvert, possum220, TunedOut