ThunderGoddess
Veteran Member

Member Since Nov 2014
428 hugs
given
Default Sep 01, 2021 at 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManDss View Post
Hi, thanks for reply. I joined to the forum 2 just 2 weeks ago, and I made a whole bunch of different kinds of topics, and almost no one reply, its SO BORING ! I knew based in my previous experiences in forums that I shouldnt expect much of this, but always cant believe how "desertic" forums are. I open up and share my most deepest thoughts and strugles about life, and then... replies are short.

About a therapist, its not something I reaaaally need. I mean, would be nice and handy, but... would be just to have someone to talk, but I dont have problems to be resolved, at least psychiligically. My big problem now is money. Then... everything is ok.

I know I handle an odd personality, but... its like a matter of tastes. I like apple flavour and I dont like carrota, lets say... most peopie taste like carrots to me (hahaha).

Why you lie to your therapist ? I know some people do that but I dont get it. Long time ago I did some therapy sessions and I had no problem to tell everything in great details to my therapist. Actually, this is part of my "odd personality", I LOVE to tell to someone else, specially a psychologist (because handle this information with knowledge meaning have a bigger understanding depth) what I think in great details, its almost like a kink to me, I know sounds strange, in part is because I really have the need to tell to someone about the things have happened in my life.
Most forums are pretty boring, I just came back here after a while off. There is another forum called psychforums.com that is a little more active in the PD area. Also, idk if I'll get in trouble for saying this but I like to read the AsPD forums when I'm bored especially on the other site they make me laugh. I don't have AsPD so I can't really contribute to the convo but I rarely like to talk to most people anyway so it's like being a fly on the wall.

I don't feel like therapy is helpful but I have to do it because I'm trying to get SSDI but I'm always on the verge of quitting because I feel like all therapists are exactly the same and it's a waste of time. If I could hold down a job I def wouldn't even be in therapy.

I lie to them because they all say the same thing over and over. For example, I told my therapist I really like to think about kidnapping people I hate then psychologically torturing them until they starve to death. I felt I had to be extra clear that I had no intentions of acting on these thoughts and the only thing she says is....well if you aren't going to act on them, then they're just thoughts and you're safe and you're so brave. Like omg gag me can't we even talk about the details?! She didn't even ask how much time I spend thinking about it, which is kind of obsessive sometimes.

Anyway, she says the same dang thing to everything I say, that I have to use DBT skills so I just lie and avoid telling her stuff and just tell her what she wants to hear. I have a new therapist starting this week and I'm sure she'll be just as cookie-cutter as the rest.

The majority of people are carrots BLANDDDDDDD! lol

Just keep swimming
I have BPD or Autism or both, we may never know, the focus is always the symptoms, not the diagnosis
ThunderGoddess is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote