View Single Post
ManDss

Member Since Aug 2021
1 hugs
given
Default Sep 01, 2021 at 02:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderGoddess View Post
Most forums are pretty boring, I just came back here after a while off. There is another forum called psychforums.com that is a little more active in the PD area. Also, idk if I'll get in trouble for saying this but I like to read the AsPD forums when I'm bored especially on the other site they make me laugh. I don't have AsPD so I can't really contribute to the convo but I rarely like to talk to most people anyway so it's like being a fly on the wall.

I don't feel like therapy is helpful but I have to do it because I'm trying to get SSDI but I'm always on the verge of quitting because I feel like all therapists are exactly the same and it's a waste of time. If I could hold down a job I def wouldn't even be in therapy.

I lie to them because they all say the same thing over and over. For example, I told my therapist I really like to think about kidnapping people I hate then psychologically torturing them until they starve to death. I felt I had to be extra clear that I had no intentions of acting on these thoughts and the only thing she says is....well if you aren't going to act on them, then they're just thoughts and you're safe and you're so brave. Like omg gag me can't we even talk about the details?! She didn't even ask how much time I spend thinking about it, which is kind of obsessive sometimes.

Anyway, she says the same dang thing to everything I say, that I have to use DBT skills so I just lie and avoid telling her stuff and just tell her what she wants to hear. I have a new therapist starting this week and I'm sure she'll be just as cookie-cutter as the rest.

The majority of people are carrots BLANDDDDDDD! lol
Ah, lf its for a job I understand, I would lie too.

But the kidnapping thing... If that wasnt a lie, mmm... dont do it. Hehe, couldnt stop to tell you.

I would love if forums give me at least some laugh by reading posts of others, but frankly, just bores me , sooo much. I read topics, and I HATE people with "crazy problems", like "Im obsessed with a TV chatacter, what do i do ?" (Sorry if u have this, hope not). Its like "I deal with not having money, and your problems is a TV character ?". I know some people are just out of reality and should have empathy, but its like "well, he is out of reality ? Does have a cure ? No. Ok, next case".

Hope ur next therapist be better.
ManDss is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote