View Single Post
Werewoman
Poohbah

Member Since May 2014
1,217 hugs
given
Default Sep 03, 2021 at 09:06 AM

Besides shoes (I only wear Merrell's), I've bought just about anything in local thrift stores. They are all clean and neatly maintained, some even arrange the clothes by gender, type and size.
I have found treasures galore. Among them, a woman's Calvin Klein grey suit for $15, on half price day. I found two native American blankets that I use as wall hangings, a beautiful hand painted pitcher, a 24 lead crystal bell with a sterling silver handle. The list goes on.

Frankly if I was working, I would buy new, good quality clothes, but I'm on disability and though my husband can certainly afford it, it just seems silly to spend $40 on a shirt few people will see.

Besides, I love the hunt for that one perfect item and it's dirt cheap. It doesn't get any better than that.

I never heard of the bedbug thing being where I live, but any clothing or textiles I buy go straight into the washer when I get them home. I certainly don't wear them until after they are washed.

You're only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. ~ Robin Williams

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage? ~ Pink Floyd
Werewoman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
MuseumGhost, RoxanneToto