View Single Post
The_little_didgee
Grand Magnate

Member Since Apr 2013
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 04, 2021 at 12:41 AM

"The patient, while in hospital, talked about her diagnosis of borderline personality disorder as being one of her main stresses. She talked about feeling rejected by the medical system. Attempts were made to try to help her look objectively at symptoms and try to find ways of dealing with them."

It was all I talked about and why I wanted to die. That label led me to the breaking point. I lashed out and let my anger seethe. What is so disturbing is I became like this due to psychiatric treatment. I entered sad and exited broken. It felt like I was shaped into this diagnosis, because no one really wanted to understand. It's easier to tell a patient to **** off then to investigate the causes.

This diagnosis was used to deny treatment and impart despair. One psychiatrist even tried to ban me.

I felt judged. I wasn't a"youth in turmoil who has a history of abuse." I was a person who had undiagnosed ASD and endured 5 years of bullying. If I had known why I struggled, I don't think this would have happened or at least not like it did.

Doctors can be wrong. I was told I would never amount to anything. BS. They were very wrong. People change. They really do.

Hugs from:
Fuzzybear, RoxanneToto, splitimage

Thanks for this!
pachyderm, RoxanneToto, splitimage