View Single Post
rdgrad15
Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
199 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 04, 2021 at 07:33 AM

Just wondered, does anyone ever feel bad when they complain to other people about something that is bothering you even if you don't vent all the time? I used to talk about what was bothering me a lot more many years ago but over time I stopped doing it since it makes me feel bad and feel like a burden to others. I'm always worried that other people really don't want to hear about what is going on so I rarely open up. This applies to both at work and outside of work. During the rare times I do complain about something, I usually retract what I say later on regardless if things have cleared up or not.

As soon as I complain about something, I instantly feel regretful since I worry that the person I vented to will shy away from me and wonder why I just told them whatever it was I vented about. Also in most cases, people really don't want to hear any negativity regardless if they ask how you are doing so anytime I feel like I'm being negative, I believe they are secretly wishing I would stop talking even though it is usually very quick. I also worry that they'll think I'm upset about something that is not worth complaining about.

This is why I always retract what I say after complaining, I don't want them to think I'm constantly in a negative mindset. And if it is at work, I don't want my coworkers thinking I'm weak so I almost never complain there. And in the very rare chances I do tell a coworker that I'm not doing great, I retract it the next time I see them. Usually I don't have a bad day at work for the entire day, usually just for a short period, like just one bad class period. Then the rest of the day will be fine, but even if I'm genuinely having a bad day, I don't let my coworkers think I'm constantly in that negative mindset.

There is no real place for negativity in the workplace. I know how draining it is to constantly hear someone complain at work so that's whyI keep it at an extreme minimum, almost nonexistant for me. Instead, I'll say that my day actually turned out to be great after all just so I don't come off as negative. The only people I'm most comfortable venting to are friends and even then I still feel regretful afterwards. When I feel like I'm being negative, I feel like I'm acting or sounding childish even though I don't act like a child. Does anyone else have those feelings of regret right after a bout of negativity or complaining about something? Just wondered what you all thought.
rdgrad15 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
allexjon5580, Buffy01, nonightowl, ThunderGoddess

Thanks for this!
Buffy01, mote.of.soul, nonightowl, ThunderGoddess