Threadtastic Postaholic

Member Since Dec 2018
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 05, 2021 at 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonightowl View Post
My landline has Caller ID too, but I never pick up if I don't recognize the name or number. Sometimes I get stuff like 530-XXXXXXXXXXX as the "number". Never pick up "Unknown Caller" with no number, but "Private Number" is just a blocked number that could be someone I want to talk to. (One time it just was my dentist calling from home to cancel our appointment at the last minute) In that case, I let the machine pick up. No legit company would have a non-working number on your ID. It would at least show the number they are calling from, and usually their company name too.

Landline can block up to 10 numbers so every now & then, I have to delete the list and start over. For awhile, I was getting calls from a Seattle based number that would ring 3 times and stop. I was able to block it even though phone manual says it won't work on out of area calls. But it seems to.

I don't give out my cell number to many either, even though it's smarter than landline in recognizing a scam or telemarketer number. Main reason is I don't usually have it ON most of the time. But my landline is always "on"and I'm way more accessible on it. I tell people to call THAT number but some still insist on calling cell.

Landlines are more durable. Mine has never been out of order. Always works, and no need to worry about signal or battery left or reception. Yet people prefer cell phones for everything. Cell calls will also suddenly cut off. No such thing with landline. Mine works even during a storm.

I agree with you about keeping a landline. Personally I use that number when I don’t want telemarketing calls. We don’t ever answer it. But when we’ve had power outages we have a working phone ! But it also has to be a landline. Cordless ones don’t work without power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
MuseumGhost, Travelinglady