View Single Post
TheEbonyEwe

TheEbonyEwe Does not understand her place in the world.

10 yr Member
152 hugs
given
Default Sep 06, 2021 at 03:17 PM

Help! I have to go to yet another mandatory social thing which is going to bore me to tears and I can't get out of it. The older I get, the harder it is to be patient and you know patience for someone with ADD is nearly impossible.
It's older people whom my husband is friends with: They love to sit around and talk endlessly about politics and covid. Endlessly. END...LESS....LY!

I have nothing to offer to the conversation because I don't care, but it's impossible for me not to fidget, sigh heavily or not fall asleep. All of that is considered rude so the entire time I'm going to be masking while worrying if I'm making a rude gesture or expression. It's maddening and so stressful!!

Are there any tricks to making it through this dinner? I just know the old man and my husband are going to spend hours freaking about the news and covid. They're going to talk about it allllllllllllllll night. ALL NIGHT.

And these people never do anything when we're invited over. No playing cards, or a game or watch a movie...it's just sit and talk.

How do you all make it through these things?
TheEbonyEwe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
RoxanneToto