Desert Kitty hates titles

Member Since Jul 2008
6,775 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Angry Sep 08, 2021 at 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelinglady View Post
I'm seeing lots of "scutwork"--low-paying, physically-demanding jobs like being restaurant works being rejected by people. We need higher wages, even if products and services will cost more.
It BURNS me up how some politicians say people "don't want to work". Not EVERYBODY can do physically demanding work like working in a grocery store, retailer, warehouse, or fast food place. Yes, they are JOBS but like mentioned, some people can't do that kind of work. They are not lazy, they just have limitations. But it's not a "disability" per se, so they don't need to be accommodated. I can't stand long or work irregular shifts or work till 11pm, etc. I'm too old for that.

The unemployment rate is much higher than reported, I'm sure. Once you run out of benefits, you are not in the system and don't get counted. So of course the government can brag of a "lower" rate. Also, temporary jobs temporarily "pad" the rate.

I hate it when politicians say "It will create jobs." What KIND of jobs?? Temporary, low-paying? It's true we need our bridges, roads, etc. repaired yet these are construction jobs. Good for people who do that kind of work, but can anybody do construction??? Absolutely not! We need a system that works for everybody.

Some adults may not be working due to having to take of children or older relatives, esp. during this COVID never-ending nightmare. Yet I keep hearing how employers are whining they "can't find" people. It's so biased, I don't even listen now.

Not everybody qualifies for unemployment or if they do, it's so hard to apply it's like they don't want to help you. There's been so much fraud of course, like prisoners getting benefits but legitimate claimers are rejected.

Hmmm....looks like some good tips in here.

"Okay, enough photos. I'm a very BUSY Business Kitty, so make an appointment next time."
nonightowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote