hvert
Grand Magnate

hvert has no updates.

10 yr Member
3,785 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 10, 2021 at 06:30 AM

That announcement yesterday came as a huge surprise. I am very curious to see what happens. It may encourage some to get the vaccine but it will make others more resistant. How did this get to be a political issue? It will have less of an effect in rural states with small populations like Montana, Wyoming, Maine, the Dakotas, etc where the majority are employed by small businesses. What will happen in places like Montana, Florida, and Texas where they've passed laws saying people can't ask about status? Very interesting!

We continue to break hospitalization records here. It's maddening. I live in one of the most vaccinated counties in the US but the case counts keep going up. I am supposed to attend an indoor masked event this weekend but wonder if I should cancel. I feel very isolated and trapped and winter hasn't even started yet.

I've seen some reporting on our breakthrough cases. About 10% of the people who've been admitted to the hospital for Covid have been fully vaccinated as well as 10% of the deaths. Unvaccinated are 8x more likely to test positive but I wonder if vaccinated people are simply not testing as often. They can't keep up with the tests anymore, either - maybe we peaked around 700 or 800 last time because that's all they can process in a day. I believe these numbers are similar to what Colorado recently reported, after you subtract children under 12 who cannot be vaccinated.

Have the Sinovacs caused mycocarditis issues in younger populations? I hope you enjoy your low case counts to the fullest extent

Hugs from:
Nammu