View Single Post
nonightowl
Desert Kitty hates titles

Member Since Jul 2008
6,780 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Unhappy Sep 11, 2021 at 06:47 PM

And after all that, I forgot to say how these "friends" know I struggle with rent and now have to go live with some stranger eventually, renting a ROOM.

Not one of them offered even the smallest gesture, like helping with food, rent, or something. I don't even have anyone to go with me to look at a place, whenever that happens. Going alone would not be safe, but if someone killed me at least I won't have to worry about rent or finding genuine friends.

B said their house is cluttered when I said I've got no family or friends to take me in. She then said "Unless you want to sleep on the kitchen floor." I said, "It's better than a tent." NO comment from her. What kind of "friend" doesn't care if I end up on the street? I wouldn't do that to HER.

In general, people don't reply to my voicemails, emails, or texts. I have to send a SECOND message. Christ, it takes 10 seconds to return a call but people won't do it! I hate leaving messages at places like doctor's offices because they don't call me back.

I've been trying to get a human to make an appointment with my eye doctor. I keep getting VM, so I had to leave a message with my number, med ID#, and name. The recording said someone would call me back in 1 business day. Well I never got a call...

The volunteer who is a "walking buddy" from the same place mentioned before didn't return my call after 2 days. I thought 2 days was more than reasonable to WAIT for a call. I then left a message that I left her a message 2 days ago and heard nothing back. I also said to please call, and if she changed her mind about walking, that's okay too but at least CALL and say so. I added if she's not comfortable talking to me, then call the office and I'll call them to find a replacement.

She calls back and says sorry I didn't call you. Right...

This all happens to me so much I'm not even shocked anymore. I've gotten to the point where I expect it. My only consolation is this thread. Until I saw this, I felt it was just me and something about me!

I think I'm a good person, and I've got warmth and empathy. Yet I can't find same in "friends".

NOW it's out of my system....for now.

Hmmm....looks like some good tips in here.

"Okay, enough photos. I'm a very BUSY Business Kitty, so make an appointment next time."
nonightowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
hvert