Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,628 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 12, 2021 at 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy01 View Post
I’m still struggling with codependency due to me asking too many advice and feeling abandoned after being left out of family events.
@Buffy01, I wish I had some good advice or words of wisdom to share. I don't because I believe I am codependent too, and I struggle with it immensely.

Being left out of family events would hurt, so I can imagine that would naturally trigger feelings of abandonment. I have abandonment issues too, so I can relate.

As for asking for advice too frequently? I still ask my parents for advice a lot of the time, especially when it comes to work issues. I guess I don't have that much confidence in myself, which is why I ask for guidance more than I should.

Maybe the answer is to seek the answers within yourself more? And to lean on yourself more than you do on others for the advice you seek? I am trying to do this myself, but it's a challenge due to the confidence issue. I wish I had more confidence in my own ability to problem solve, but I find it helpful to get others' perspectives.

I'm sorry that I cannot be helpful, but I wanted to offer my support, at the very least because I am in a similar boat.

Hugs to you.

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Buffy01, RoxanneToto

Thanks for this!
Buffy01