View Single Post
Soupe du jour
Elder

Member Since Jun 2015
13.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 14, 2021 at 02:22 AM

OMG! You're becoming a New Yorker or New Jerseyan. No, not everyone from NYC or NJ gets so wild. There are some lambs. But truly, you know benzo withdrawal is tough and requires patience. And if you're a little prone to having a temper that doesn't help. And Miguel'smom could be right about a touch of mood elevation.

I think laying low is a good idea. That's what I do when my mood elevates. Not just for bad temper, which I can be prone to, but other types of impulsivity and disinhibition. Plus, practicing anger management and grounding techniques is highly valuable.

I hope you won't give up on this.

I twice almost had cops called on me because of anger outbursts. They were in a pharmacy. I switched pharmacies for a little while, because of them, yet also had a lesser outburst at the newer one, too. Then, all was forgotten. I'll admit that they surely knew I had bipolar disorder. After all, they filled my meds and the meds speak for themselves. My mom also once almost had cops called on her, again, in a pharmacy, and she wasn't even the one in the family with the worst temper. My siblings, father, and I had/have worse. I almost got fired from my last job because of bipolar-related anger. Anyway, you're surely far from the first angry customer that clerk encountered. Maybe if you see him again, apologize for the anger outburst...and truly mean it.

My temperament has softened greatly over the years. And I no longer take a benzo, except once or twice, on rare occasions. This is especially since my moods have been leveled well...and the anger management/grounding work I've done.

Psych Medications:
* Tegretol XR (carbamazepine ER) 800 mg
* Lamictal (lamotrigine) 150 mg
* Seroquel XR (quetiapine ER) 600 mg

I also take meds for blood pressure, cholesterol, and tachycardia.

Last edited by Soupe du jour; Sep 14, 2021 at 03:04 AM..
Soupe du jour is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous41462, bizi

Thanks for this!
bizi