View Single Post
ThunderGoddess
Veteran Member

Member Since Nov 2014
428 hugs
given
Default Sep 16, 2021 at 07:35 AM

Dialectic Behavior Therapy works for this type of behavior. I used to be the same way but I went the through DBT. It’s not easy and you can try on your own but I think it would be extremely difficult on your own because you’ll have questions about the skills.

These “tantrums” are related to the emotion regulation and distress tolerance modules. It may help to just get a workbook if you can to just get an idea and start describing your emotions and what situations trigger certain emotions.

This website may be helpful too it has free videos and worksheets but again I highly recommend working with a therapist it won’t hurt to try this on your own but it’s very hard to remember to use the skills when you’re upset and sometimes it can make you feel like crap when can’t use the skills but some skills may just not be a good fit for you that’s when a therapist can help you see which ones are best for you.

DBT : Dialectical Behavior Therapy - Skills, Worksheets, & Videos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just keep swimming
I have BPD or Autism or both, we may never know, the focus is always the symptoms, not the diagnosis
ThunderGoddess is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous41462

Thanks for this!
Bill3, Molinit