View Single Post
Have Hope
Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,628 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 17, 2021 at 06:01 AM

WOW - so my new boss is a total biotch. While we had lost several team members and during a period of transition, me and another colleague tried to resolve a client's analytics issues. So we thought we had found the solutions and resolved it, but it turns out we had been wrong. Neither one of us is an analytics expert, and in the absence of one on the team, we tried to figure it out ourselves.

Recently they hired a new analytics expert for the team, and long story short, they discovered that our fix was incorrect.

So what does my new boss do? She emails me and my colleague, cc'ing the VP of the company, admonishing us for trying to do it ourselves and says this can never happen again. Then she even had the balls to say, if you have any concerns or comments, then arrange a meeting with me.

So I ignored that part, wrote back cc'ing the VP and told her this happened in the absence of an analytics expert and while the team was in a state of transition. I could care less if I went against her guidance. I am going to defend myself against this, especially when the VP is cc'd on such a scathing type of email to me.

What a total BIOTCH! I organized a meeting with her for Monday to discuss as well, which she cancelled, saying we will discuss in our 1:1.

I am pissed off beyond belief over this. I mean, honestly, she's been here a week and is already writing these types of emails, admonishing the team and cc'ing the VP???

I am incredulous. I got a bad vibe from her the moment she started and the moment I met her. Without asking me what my client strategy is, she already was telling me what it should be - on day 1. And I felt she was dead wrong.

She also had sent our team a hypothetical "test" scenario via email to test our knowledge. I replied with an answer, the only one on the team who did, and she replied with "this was a trick question - I did not say whether the client has X"

So what was the freaking point of your original question then if you're going to leave out pertinent info in order to test our knowledge?!? To say it was a trick? My mother said this was mean on her part to do.

Already I cannot stand her.

I don't know how I am going to survive now that she is here - how do I survive a biotch of a boss?

CYA at all times? Head down, yes her to death and cover myself always? This is going to SUCK.

~4 Non Blondes

Last edited by Have Hope; Sep 17, 2021 at 06:41 AM..
Have Hope is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Yaowen

Thanks for this!
Molinit