View Single Post
SlumberKitty
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Jul 2018
117.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 17, 2021 at 05:25 PM

My IOP individual therapist--J--wanted to see my self harm wounds today. Why do therapists always do this? They aren't medical doctors. They are just people. She said to put neosporin on it and cover it with gauze and put tape on the gauze so it will stay put because the wound looks a little red. It does but I know it isn't infected. I could do all these things and I might but I might not because so far I haven't given a flying **** about taking care of these wounds. She was very clinical about it and didn't show compassion about it or anything. It would have been nice to hear something like, "I'm sorry you were in so much pain." Or something. But I know that therapists aren't supposed to be like that. Because it might positively reinforce the behavior. Screw that. It's human to be like, "I'm sorry you are suffering." You don't have to be all weepy or sentimental just be human about it. Now I am all vulnerable and unprotected because I showed her my wounds and I am kicking myself for not making them worse because they don't even deserve to be looked at because they aren't that bad. Why do therapist's do this? It's so frustrating! And annoying!

Kit

Hugs from:
MuddyBoots, RoxanneToto