View Single Post
shortbread

Member Since Sep 2021
164 hugs
given
Default Sep 17, 2021 at 09:55 PM

Thank you so much Breaking Dawn.

Something that makes me feel like a misfit is how difficult I find groups. Group activities, meetups or support groups - this is how I meet people, make friends, but I just find groups overwhelming, to overstimulating too many conversations going on at once. But how else do I make friends and end the isolation that makes my depression worse? I have met lovely people through groups, but I can't do the maintenance. I just want to stay home and have one person to watch tv with, or low key activities like a nature walk but with one person only. I find even two people at a time too much.

Before covid I tried a few groups, but it's just too much. I want friends again, but I just don't have the energy or good mental health to do what it takes to get out there and meet people. I did once, but no anymore - I think I've become even more introverted as I've gotten older.

This forum is kinda nice really, because I can just talk to one person at a time via posts and I can log out when it gets too much and no one is offended.

Hugs from:
Breaking Dawn, Deilla, MimiBhaduri0

Thanks for this!
Breaking Dawn