View Single Post
comrademoomoo
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Feb 2019
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 18, 2021 at 12:39 PM

Quote:
comrade, I was kind of sad to see your thread disappear yesterday. I don't understand Gestalt therapy either, and I was looking forward to being flummoxed together. Fwiw, I doubt you are trying to seduce your therapist. My relationship with my therapist is way more confusing and unsettling than any romantic entanglement I've ever had. Maybe more than all of them combined.
Thank you, @ElectricManatee. I asked for the thread to be removed because I felt that my use of cowardice/bravery had been misunderstood by several posters, as well as how intimacy and boundaries work (for me). It felt like there was too much for me to try and re-define and explain. The points about me attempting a sexual relationship with my therapist were particularly hard to stomach as I have a history of sexual exploitation from a doctor and I didn't want to read that kind of stuff. I am sorry that we missed the opportunity to be flummoxed together! I would have found that valuable. Maybe I will post a less personal thread about the machinations of relational therapy.

Hugs from:
CantExplain, ElectricManatee, LonesomeTonight, NP_Complete, SlumberKitty, unaluna, WarmFuzzySocks

Thanks for this!
chihirochild, ElectricManatee, Quietmind 2