View Single Post
Anonymous41462

Default Sep 20, 2021 at 11:44 AM

@jpb4815:

Thanks for sharing your experience with benzos. I really didn't have any trouble until i was down to 20%. I paused the taper twice. Once to deal with my usual insomnia before the Summer solstice and once when i broke up with my online boyfriend.

But at 20% i started to notice little things, like buying a Hell's Angels ring and feeling aggressive. Then at 5% i was hysterical and scared for a day. The hysteria passed within a day but the fear persisted for three more. I snapped and took mucho benzos and got immediate relief.

By the time my doctor and i talked i was ready to abandon the taper and go back to full-strength. But he persuaded me to just go back up to 25% (the last dose i had felt okay on) and i reluctantly agreed.

It's going fine! I asked my doctor to be patient with me, that i might stay at 25% for a while until COVID dies down up here (Ontario) and the federal election passes (today). The aggression has passed and i feel affection and love for my fellow humans again. So lovely!

My doctor was co-operative and agrees that getting off benzos is more a marathon than a sprint. I'm happy to hear it also took you a long time to get off benzos as i am expecting the same.

Meds are very much a personal choice so i support you in your decision to use them as a life-management tool. I might end up in the same boat. But for the moment, no sudden moves.

Thanks for chiming in!
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote