LiteraryLark
Crowned "The Good Witch"

Member Since Jun 2009
1,318 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 22, 2021 at 12:40 AM

Thank you everyone for your support.

I don't think the letdown or depression has really hit, but my emotions are very much a rollercoaster at times. All I can do is think of the positives, count my blessings, and move forward. I have so much support from my family and my best friends, and they are so proud of how I've been handling things and taking care of business. And I have a lot to look forward to. With my new job, this is the first job I've ever had where I am allowed to where whatever I want and not just a uniform or polo shirts, so I took a joyride over to the Goodwill and indulged in retail therapy. I spent four hours at Goodwill trying on 100,000,000 outfits and I had an absolute blast. I'm really honing in on my inner fashionista and I'm definitely dedicating myself to look my best at my new job.

I also have a really great counselor. I like her so much that I was scheduled to see her the day after the fire, and after spending 8 hours digging through my house and doing business on the phone and meeting with the landlord, I told her that I really need to see her but I'm filthy and sweaty and wearing crappy clothes and not my usual self, can we meet somewhere in an open space outside of her office? She agreed and we met at a nearby coffee shop and I vented and poured my heart out and cried, and she was so supportive and really encouraged me to let out my feelings and helped me process how I was feeling. And now I'm seeing her tomorrow after that last visit and she'll see I'm more like myself again even after two weeks. I've been seeing her for three years and she's the best counselor I've ever had.
LiteraryLark is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
lizardlady, RoxanneToto, unaluna

Thanks for this!
unaluna