View Single Post
Mountaindewed
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Jun 2016
8,783 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 22, 2021 at 02:53 PM

I did tell my therapist today about these episodes of anxiety where all I can do for hours is read and then I lose track of the time time and realize I’ve forgotten to do stuff. I told her that was my issue yesterday. I read so much I forgot to eat and then I had a freak out once I realized how hungry and anxious I was. She told me to set a timer. I told her that I am trying to give myself breaks every 40 pages. I told her that’s why I didn’t read from March until July. But that I started it up again.

I’ve read 11 books since the end of July. It didn’t become a problem again until Monday. When I was a kid I did the same thing where I would do nothing but read. But since I was in a treatment center at the time the staff could just take my books if I wasn’t following directions. One time though at my last treatment center they told me I wasn’t cooperating and I needed to stay in my room for the rest of the day/night. But they didn’t take my books and I just sat in my room alone all night reading and thinking I had won since I didn’t have to go to groups or do anything else.

Hugs from:
*Beth*, MuddyBoots, Sunflower123