View Single Post
Anonymous41462

Default Sep 22, 2021 at 07:43 PM

I attended my very first concurrent support group today. "Concurrent" means a mental disorder AND and an addiction. It was over ZOOM. I said only Hello and Thanks which i am happy with as i feel like being cautious with the group and learning their protocols before i speak.

I don't think there's much to be gained by speaking anyways. I'm stable at the moment. I'll save their ears for when i need help, when i next tackle resuming my benzo taper, which won't be for a while.

It was pleasant to hear people talk and see friendly faces and i felt affection several times. The facilitator did a good job.

I was disappointed that there wasn't more sharing of struggles with substances tho. It was largely just a general support group.

@BethRags:

I'm sorry to read you are also having struggles with benzos. You are surely right -- they DO work. This nonsense about them losing potency after two weeks is dreck. I sure feel your pain. Since i re-instated at 25% of my dose i have been feeling much healthier but still shaken by my intense withdrawal experience. I'm not attending to my activities-of-daily-living. But the hysteria, fear and rage are gone, thankfully. Hopefully i will feel healed enough to do some laundry and cleaning soon because it's really getting to be a crisis.

Hugs from:
*Beth*, Innerzone, MuddyBoots, Soupe du jour, Sunflower123

Thanks for this!
*Beth*