bpforever1
Magnate

bpforever1 has no updates.

5 yr Member
1,598 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 23, 2021 at 05:14 AM

I used to be obese- over 100 pounds overweight, and on Abilfy-12-15 mg. I changed this by modifying my diet and exercising. Yes, I eat more than I should on Abilify but don't drink soda, nor eat hamburgers or fast food anymore. I eat salad, chicken, yogurt, and drink tea and vitamin C drinks. My vices are eating chocolate and drinking coffee. But, now I eat less overall. I have had setbacks with Abilify then went off it and ending in psychosis each time. I did this 7 times because, well, I am dumb and a slow learner. I still take Abilify and am slightly overweight. I also was on the shots of abilify to help me with my compliance. The shots helped a lot and now I am on the pill form and am doing well. I have been taking Abilify for five years now and have been mostly stable. I could lose more weight if I wanted but am not too worried about it for now since I am not pre-diabetic anymore. I will try to exercise again to keep my weight under control. My point is I can control what I eat now and am on Abilify. It has helped me with my psychosis while I am on it. There are other medications out there such as Vraylar and Zyprexa. But, they are either too expensive or cause more weight gain than Abilify. I have not taken Vraylar but am not interested since it is similar to risperidone that gave me depression. Also, I took Zyprexa and although it controlled my psychosis very well, I could eat a a whole refrigerator of food while on it and gained 50 pounds. I believe Abilify has the least side effects of all of the medications I took- ziprasidone, risperidone, clozapine, olanzapine, halperidol, quetiapine, etc. So, I am happy. I shake occasionally and have a high body temperature at times, I also am photosensitive and have blurry vision. Thus, Abilify is not a perfect medication but it works for me!
bpforever1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote