Member Since Jul 2008
6,950 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Unhappy Sep 23, 2021 at 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelinglady View Post
Over 60? This Common Habit Could Be Deadly, Warns New Study

Sometimes isolation is hard to overcome.
Amen to that. It's not easy to make and keep friends when you're older and long out of school. I've been trying for years and years and have so little support. So now they say I'm going to die sooner. That's not a bad thing, in my opinion, for me. No more struggling with trying to build a support system and with how hard and unequal life in the U.S. has become, even before COVID.

At least in death, it wouldn't be THIS world. And I'd like to believe I'll see the ones I lost then.

My building lacks a "neighborly vibe", and it got worse after COVID for some reason. People don't check on anyone, and they are not friendly. Nobody would notice if they haven't seen me in days, but they'd notice the smell of my rotting corpse I'm sure.

I hate the U.S. and it's individualistic culture. You're expected to rely on your own friends, family, and resources. Forget the government's help. You're screwed if you don't have a support system.

Gosh it feels good to vent on PC about these things.

Hmmm....looks like some good tips in here.

"Okay, enough photos. I'm a very BUSY Business Kitty, so make an appointment next time."
nonightowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Nammu, Travelinglady