Desert Kitty hates titles

Member Since Jul 2008
6,892 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Unhappy Sep 24, 2021 at 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nammu View Post
Our neighborhood also has a web site but we’ve not joined it. The neighbors across the street are in their 50’s I think and looked in on the neighbor man next door to them when he started having trouble mowing his lawn. Then one day they found him dead. Mum’s next door neighbor used to check in with her before I moved in. But the neighbors have changed a lot in the past 5 years. Now there’s about 5 new families with young children. It’s changed the whole vibe.
My crappy building doesn't have a web site. Not for the neighbors as a community, just listed like any other business. But not socializing or stuff like that. The upscale buildings going up like crazy around me have websites for the residents to book/access the amenities.....like reserving the tennis court or chatting with neighbors. You have to log in, like on here.

Sigh.....the construction is miserable. It creates a traffic nightmare, and ironically people are camping out in front of the site of "new housing" or across the street. Those poor people will never be able to live in these places. Yet they do fill up!

The manager knows who lives alone but she's never checked on me or anyone else alone that I know of. I know it's beyond the scope of her duties.

I used to know quite a few neighbors, people that were here before me. But they all either passed away or moved away. I've been here way too long but it's overwhelming and depressing to find something "affordable". And everyone has a different definition of it, depending on who you ask.

Now, the turnover has been so high for years, I don't even try to get to know anyone. For one thing, the dirty or strange looks I get from people here when I say a simple hello or good morning makes me think twice......

COVID seems to have accelerated the turnover. Most of the people are much younger than me and don't stay long at all. In some cases, I haven't even seen the people who live in certain units. They keep to themselves. I hardly run into anyone. I hate this place now when I used to like it.

Guess it's more of ambivalence.....

I'm off topic now, but where we live affects our health too. I read poorer neighborhoods have less shade/parks, so they are HOTTER. Not good for our health, esp. as we age. A/C is so costly.

And if you live in areas that aren't safe, maybe due to crime or air quality,that affects us too. The stress of living in a high crime area or breathing bad air is bad for us too.

Gosh this country is so much in the toilet.

Hmmm....looks like some good tips in here.

"Okay, enough photos. I'm a very BUSY Business Kitty, so make an appointment next time."
nonightowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Travelinglady