Legendary

Member Since Sep 2019
42.2k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 24, 2021 at 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
I'm freaked out, and exhausted from being freaked out. I learned yesterday our senior cat has developed a new health problem that will require more tests and a new medication. I love this cat so much, and it just destroys me every time I'm reminded of her mortality. She's okay, and it seems if it is what the vet suspects, we've caught it early, but an ultrasound and another tests have to be done to rule out other causes, etc. It's all money we don't really have, but we've always been willing to increase our debt for our little girl. I don't have a science background and it's really taxing on my little depressed anxious brain to learn all this new medical stuff to make sure she's getting what she needs and not what will harm her.

I'm just mentally worn out. The vet has been great with communication, and being very patient with an obviously anxious cat mom. But man this is overwhelming for me - probably a blip in the week for people with major depression and an anxiety disorder.
Dear shortbread, my wishes for you are very deep & ongoing. Thank you for loving your wonderful cat so much. I really believe that that alone is powerful medicine for your precious little girl. Fingers crossed for you!

"Problems are not stop signs, they are guidelines."(Robert H. Schiuller)

Breaking Dawn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
shortbread, Yzen, zapatoes

Thanks for this!
shortbread