Thread: Scared
View Single Post
Kelly68

Kelly68 my rainbow is overdue

2 yr Member
156 hugs
given
Default Sep 24, 2021 at 11:48 PM

I do get this same advice from people I know. That he has to learn the hard way. I swore I wouldn't feed him and I am. But it is harsh, he's sleeping in a cold damp car *(where I live the temperature is getting too cold for this).... but it is his fault and he knows it. He won't be allowed back in here by my landlord. Yes I supported him a lot. But, I feel guilty. A lot of parents have their own homes and have a place where their children can live. I used to have an apartment, but he also abused the priviledge of having a room, being fed and clothed, he had a good paying job. I had asked him to start contributing to the rent. I had advice from someone that it is wrong to expect a teenager to pay rent. I actually disagree. It shows responsibility on his part. I'm tried of this.

Just today again, he keeps asking for food, and I'm the one paying for stuff... making it, bringing it out to my car that he's treating like crap. I love my son. The problem is it's hard to find housing, and the weather is turning cold. I've explained to him that a shelter might just have to happen. There aren't many around and they may even have a waiting list. If he wont go, I can't leave him on the street in winter. That's where I struggle, but I'm out of answers. I suggested he get himself addiction counseling and financial counseling, he just says I might need help but I can help myself. He's immature..... I appreciate the advice. I just don't want to see him suffering. He has no family but me to support him. I hope he gets counseling or a psychiatrist but I've asked what's happening with that, the answer is, it takes time especially with covid.
Kelly68 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*