sarahsweets has no updates.

5 yr Member
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 25, 2021 at 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly68 View Post
I do get this same advice from people I know. That he has to learn the hard way. I swore I wouldn't feed him and I am. But it is harsh, he's sleeping in a cold damp car *(where I live the temperature is getting too cold for this).... but it is his fault and he knows it.
do you live in the usa? Are you comfortable sharing a state? I have an uncanny ability for finding resources everywhere.

Quote:
He won't be allowed back in here by my landlord. Yes I supported him a lot. But, I feel guilty. A lot of parents have their own homes and have a place where their children can live. I used to have an apartment, but he also abused the priviledge of having a room, being fed and clothed, he had a good paying job. I had asked him to start contributing to the rent. I had advice from someone that it is wrong to expect a teenager to pay rent. I actually disagree. It shows responsibility on his part. I'm tried of this.
STOP feeling guilty for not having what you think is supposed to make you a good mother. You are a good one. Your son is not acting like a loving appreciative son.
Would you allow anyone else in your life to act like him and just accept that behavior and keep supporting that person? Most of us would show a person the door.
Quote:
Just today again, he keeps asking for food, and I'm the one paying for stuff... making it, bringing it out to my car that he's treating like crap. I love my son. The problem is it's hard to find housing, and the weather is turning cold. I've explained to him that a shelter might just have to happen. There aren't many around and they may even have a waiting list. If he wont go, I can't leave him on the street in winter. That's where I struggle, but I'm out of answers. I suggested he get himself addiction counseling and financial counseling, he just says I might need help but I can help myself. He's immature..... I appreciate the advice. I just don't want to see him suffering. He has no family but me to support him. I hope he gets counseling or a psychiatrist but I've asked what's happening with that, the answer is, it takes time especially with covid.
He will not starve or be on the streets. I can look deeper if you want to share some state or country info with me, even pm but no pressure just trying to help.

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote