Writing my way through...

Member Since Feb 2020
5,775 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 25, 2021 at 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterbear View Post
Artie, we seem to be very similar indeed!! A little t of what you explained about why you email is so very similar to mine. I think it would have taken a lot longer to get to the point we are now without them.

I Also am very aware that their time is limited and important for them, and do not want to be a pest. I have written something for her to read about this and in it I say that I think therapy should be about finding a mutually convenient way of working that feels settled, sustainable and positive for both parties. I'm a little hopeful we can find a way forwards that will work.

I am also a slow cooker, lol, but like with weight loss, I think if the changes are gradual and very deep and real, they can be maintained for much longer than short term, superficial changes.

Ooh I absolutely agree with that last part... thank you! you just made me feel better about still being in therapy approaching our 10 year mark. I am making slow, gradual changes that are deep, real and lasting. I kind of laugh at myself here though, because it can take some time for those changes to settle in too... like, I'll think something or other has changed but then we have to circle back to it.... and then it settles in even deeper? Don't know if that makes sense? We have done a LOT of "circling back" to things over the years. I'm in such a good place mentally right now, so I figure it must be about time for some of that circling back to happen I think I'm overdue haha
ArtieTheSequal is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
SlumberKitty, unaluna

Thanks for this!
ChickenNoodleSoup, LonesomeTonight, Waterbear