Grand Poohbah

Member Since Apr 2017
1,305 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 27, 2021 at 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkDNA View Post
i used to have pretty much unlimited access to my therapist for many years. texts, emails...phone calls. but i became so dependent on these outside communications for reassurances that it ended up becoming a nightmare of me feeling despair if he didnt respond or didnt respond the way i wanted. it was a rollercoaster and i spent a large amount of time being distressed over it. and then i began literally harassing him to the point that he had to block me. im not proud of that. BUT after he blocked me and i chilled TF out with that stuff, ive felt so much more at ease and secure in our relationship. having BPD/ptsd and esp having trauma that directly relates to psychotherapy and a former therapist kinda set the stage for me to get severely dependent on my therapist , to the point that it was detrimental for both of us

so these days i only talk to T during appointments

This is exactly how I feel it would go for me if I had more ways of contacting him. I appreciate a way to get an extra 15 minutes of phone call in, but anything more than that and I'd constantly depend on it (had to even learn to not depend on the calls, still an ongoing thing).
ChickenNoodleSoup is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
junkDNA, SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
junkDNA