View Single Post
FluffyDinosaur
Grand Member

Member Since Nov 2019
31 hugs
given
Default Sep 27, 2021 at 06:18 AM

Yeah, doesn't sound like bipolar to me. I don't see anything in that description that would suggest bipolar disorder. It's more like what people who don't know anything about bipolar disorder mistakenly assume bipolar people are like, and that saddens me.

Bipolar people are not sociopaths, nor are they abusive, take advantage of people, or any of the things you described. It's hard to say what's the problem with this guy, but as a bipolar person I do know that I don't want people to think I'm like that.

Yes, I have bipolar disorder. I've also been with my wife for 15 years, raise my kids to the best of my ability, work full time, and take my responsibilities seriously. I'm not some asshole who goes around taking advantage of people. The pain of being bipolar is something I generally bear alone and in silence, as much as possible. I do my best not to let anyone or anything in my environment suffer because of me.

I'm sorry, don't take this personally, but I just don't like this sort of misinformation floating around on the Internet. There's enough stigma as it is. I wish people would just do their homework before they go wielding psychiatric diagnostic terms in ways that have absolutely zero bearing on reality. And I don't mean that to target you, specifically. Unfortunately it's a widespread issue, and it's one of the main reasons why people with mental illness are afraid to mention it to anyone and have to suffer alone.

So yeah, long story short, I'm sorry you've been involved with an abusive person and that it's caused you so many issues, but please don't go blaming it on bipolar people who have nothing to do with it.

Last edited by FluffyDinosaur; Sep 27, 2021 at 06:45 AM..
FluffyDinosaur is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
BeyondtheRainbow

Thanks for this!
BeyondtheRainbow, Moose72, Nammu, ~Christina