Monster on the Hill

Member Since Sep 2020
4,851 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 27, 2021 at 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soupe du jour View Post
Hi Sapien. Have you considered writing to Janssen Pharmaceuticals? They have a patient assistance program. Qualifying is not a guarantee, but you never know until you try. You can see info on that at Paying for INVEGA SUSTENNA(R) - Cost Support | Janssen CarePath It would be good to let them know that your insurance refuses to pay for it. Believe me, big pharma doesn't like that! Just a thought. Here's another link to their contact info, if of interest: Patient Assistance | Janssen United States Picking up the phone and calling their 800 number might be a good first step.

If I had tried Risperdal (also a Janssen product) and my doctor recommended Invega, instead, I'd be telling Janssen why I needed Invega over Risperdal. Didn't you recently write akathisia as the reason? I assume both have been effective for your moods and/or psychosis?

I haven't had chocolate milk in ages. Sounds yummy! Maybe I'll make some cocoa soon. It's been chilly, lately. I do have the ingredients to make that.
I got a letter in the mail saying I'm already in the savings program, but it goes through insurance so I'm not sure if I would pay the $10 they promise or more or even if it's applicable at all. I called, was on hold for 10 minutes, then was told to leave a voicemail and that someone would call me back. The risperdal worked for my psychosis/mania for two years then pooped out and that's why I'm on Invega now. I had akathisia (amongst a lot of other problems I don't remember) when there was a packaging error and I got 50mg instead of 37.5mg. I realize I should sue, but I just don't have the spoons for that right now. I can hang that over their heads though if need be.

Hugs from:
*Beth*, Nammu, Sunflower123