View Single Post
Revu2
Grand Member

Member Since Aug 2013
4 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 29, 2021 at 09:24 PM

Hi Thread. D, thanks for the wishes. I'm practicing the fancy footwork I watched at the start of the month. The grant is nearly done. Have our last call tomorrow @ 11, and it's in by 5, or it's not in at all.

And, now, since January of 2019, nearly 3 years, a "campaign" I put $139 into on Indiegogo has filed for bankruptcy in their base country of Denmark. I filed my claim and now I wait.

I think in sum from both Kickstarter and Indiegogo their haul was over $2.5 mln. In the 3 yrs I found out just why everyday frauds and scams are so rife. Can't get anyone to really clamp down. They refused to refund my money. I wrote to my credit union and VISA, I wrote to the FTC, to attorney generals in 2 states.

The AG in my state, to his credit, did make an inquiry for a refund and was rebuffed. The g-damn cheeky nerve!

Shaking it off. Next play,

Crowdfunding is a powerful tool for entrepreneurs, but it’s only as good as its reputation. And if people start losing faith in the system entirely, no one will succeed. ~ Ashley Carmen

Revu2

Revu2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
SprinkL3