View Single Post
Have Hope
Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,628 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 30, 2021 at 06:38 AM

So, a few weeks ago, right after reporting period, I told my boss that I had been assigned too many reports to write and asked her if the reports could be more evenly distributed amongst the team members the next month.

What happens? She assigns me 15 reports again, 3 extra than I normally would be writing because we're down 1 person on our team, but then I find out that my 2 colleagues have 7 and 0 reports to write. I told her this is really unreasonable, so she said she would take only 1 report off my plate, leaving me with 14.

So, I snapped and lost it and went directly to my CEO (we have no HR anymore and this is a very small company of only like 20 people). I am supposed to speak with my CEO today about this, and I am going to ask him why I am given double the amount of reports to write as my colleague. He told me yesterday that the colleague who was given 0 to write has dyslexia, and that he has trouble writing reports. So then what good is he on our team? He isn't even carrying any clients yet. Even if HE cannot write reports right now, WHY am I given 14 and my other colleague, only 7? We're both senior members on the team and are equals.

I am beyond peeved that I am being SO overworked like this to the point of snapping. I even told my CEO that I am tempted to leave and walk out the door. He ignored that comment when we spoke briefly on the phone yesterday. I also told him I am beside myself over this. My last words to my boss were, this is really unreasonable.

I have a third interview today with a company.

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Molinit