View Single Post
Nammu
Crone

Member Since May 2010
Location: Some where between my inner mind and the solar system.
53.9k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 30, 2021 at 04:05 PM

Whew getting ready for the wine tasting is exhausting. Since it’s mum’s house I have to clean it as if royalty is coming. All that’s left is the family room and the bathroom. I’ll do those tomorrow. I’ve had to take a shower everyday from cleaning, not that the house is dirty, it’s very clean but because people are coming I’ve got to move all the furniture and vacuum everywhere and dust everywhere, it’s like spring cleaning. Mum is neurotic that way and the only way to keep her calm about company is to spring clean an already clean house from top to bottom!

My blind tasting kit came yesterday. I was a bit worried it might not come in time, but it did. I don’t understand the questions but my daughter said she and her cousin will walk us all though it. I know nothing about wine and this whole party started as a joke. But my daughter urged me to do it. We all need a break from the isolation. It’s multi-generational and just family. There will be 8 of us. A perfect size for a wine tasting. I bough pretty disposable glasses for spittoons. Everyone will have their own instead of one shared one. Everyone has had two shots and the elders three so it should be safe between us.

I’m starting to look forward to it. I’ll have fancy olives, harvarti and aged white cheddar cheeses, water crackers and stone ground crackers, a fruit platter, not exactly sure which meats, depends on which are available. For non drinkers there’s spring water, three flavors of sparkling water, sparkling grape juice and coffee. I’m thinking of getting a cheese cake for after so there’s something a bit more filling before they drive even though I have the spittoons.

Hugs from:
Brentus, Soupe du jour

Thanks for this!
Blue_Bird, Brentus, Soupe du jour