Brentus
Veteran Member

Member Since Apr 2021
962 hugs
given
Default Sep 30, 2021 at 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Bird View Post
I finally had an appointment with my primary care doctor. He prescribed famotidine for my acid reflux. He said if that doesn't work then we can try omeprazole. He also is going to prescribe xulane birth control patches (which I've been on before) to help regulate my period and help with my severe PMS. They gave me my flu shot while I was there. My psychiatrist said hi to me while I was in the waiting room, she works in the same office as him, along with my therapist as well. It's convenient that they all work in the same place and can share notes with each other. I'm exhausted. I stayed up all night because I was worried I'd sleep through my appointment (it was really early), so I'm looking forward to sleeping tonight! I have a follow-up with him over the phone in 4 weeks to discuss how I'm doing on the meds. Then I have a physical with him scheduled for November 4th. At some point within the next week I need to see my dentist for a cleaning/exam. They only do walk-ins and it's kind of hard to get in because they're always so busy. I have an appointment with my psychiatrist next Thursday over video, I'm looking forward to telling her I'm doing well off the perphenazine.

Tomorrow I'm getting some takeout from the pizza place across the street. I'm getting a slice of pizza, a piece of cheesecake, and a soda.

Anyway, I'm tired so I'm going to to go try to relax a bit. I hope everyone is doing well

Enjoy your comfort food! If it were me-- I'd round out the good food with a nice light hearted sitcom (probably something older, like the golden girls haha) and maybe a friend or family member. I to this day still do something similar. My mom likes AFV and so from time to time before bed we'll sit and watch it together. Laughter is always the best medicine!

I take omeprazole for GERD. Oddly, I don't need it everyday. I do take it everyday because it's what you're supposed to do, but I find periods where i can go a few days without issue. I hope your famotidine works well for you!

Hugs from:
Nammu

Thanks for this!
Blue_Bird