View Single Post
Have Hope
Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,628 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 01, 2021 at 06:49 AM

I talked to my CEO, who was of NO help. He said, why are you worried about how many reports your colleagues are writing vs how many you're writing?

Um.... because it's not FAIR business practice???????????? Because I am being overloaded and overworked, and they are not????????????

I got the sense of BS from him - like big time. He has been talking to me about leadership opportunities on the team for a while now. Then my boss approached my VERY NEW to the company colleague about acting as a leader on the team.... NOT ME, but HIM.

So I told my CEO this yesterday, after he tells me again that he has made it known that he wants me to be viewed as a leader. And his reply? You have no confidence in me, others or yourself.

WTF?!??!?!!? My boss has approached another team member about leadership, not me, so there's a serious DISCONNECT going on between what my CEO says and what my boss is actually DOING.

I am really feeling like I don't belong in this company, and especially after speaking with my CEO. I disagreed with him and told him I DO have confidence in HIM, in OTHERS, AND in MYSELF. That was not a fair statement to make.

I hate my job SO very much. I hate my BOSS even more. And I think my CEO is manipulative. He just didn't want to deal with the unfair business practice going on, and so he said I shouldn't be worrying about it.

Yeah, it's MY mental health and sanity that is at stake - NOT YOURS.

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote