ThunderGoddess
Veteran Member

Member Since Nov 2014
428 hugs
given
Default Oct 03, 2021 at 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxanneToto View Post
I think the desire to hurt others who hurt us is natural and understandable. Yes, I feel this way, but I’m still of the mindset that it’s better not to act on it, however - in no small part because some of these people get even more pleasure from seeing you get so angry, so you end up even worse off.
I get how frustrating and unjust it can feel, though, not being able to make them “see” what they’ve done to you/others.

Thanks for the response. I’ve spoken to my therapist who didn’t really see any issue with these thoughts since I wouldn’t act on them. She basically said it’s likely due to feeling a lack of control in a situation especially considering I often feel the about people who have power over me.

I agree that these types of people like to see others hurt by their actions and I think that’s what escalates my thoughts because the more upset I present it seems the more aggressive and rude they treat me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just keep swimming
I have BPD or Autism or both, we may never know, the focus is always the symptoms, not the diagnosis
ThunderGoddess is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
RoxanneToto

Thanks for this!
RoxanneToto