View Single Post
bpforever1
Magnate

Member Since Aug 2017
1,598 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 05, 2021 at 02:04 PM

I don't know if I qualify as someone who has recovered, but I am working and am independent. I suffer from past psychosis. I usually am psychotic off my medication. Now, I am compliant. I think the key to stability is compliance. Everything else fell into place after I became compliant. I am high-functioning and am doing well. I have had about 10 psychotic episodes overall mainly from being non-compliant. I make sure I take my medication daily now no matter what happens.

I work as an online teacher and am planning to seek work as a translator/ writer. I am learning how to write technically. It is not easy. I was a science major but have not written a research paper in a long time. So, I have to work on it. I think working is doable once stability is achieved. I can't stress this enough.

I was homeless once and unable to pay for food. So, I have been down and out before. I was off my medication during this time, I urge you to find an effective medication to achieve mental stability. I did and take Abilify. I take a moderate dose and am doing well. I do suffer from minor side effects- all are tolerable.

Time will tell if you will be successful or not. I don't consider myself successful, but a survivor. I have survived the unendurable. I may be a winner to some but ultimately am a survivor.

My survival stems from my motivation to do my best to take care of myself and to be independent.

Best Wishes!
bpforever1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
MuddyBoots