View Single Post
WovenGalaxy
Magnate

Member Since Sep 2019
4,842 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 09, 2021 at 06:52 PM

Hi. I've decided to try again here, once I got my head straight. I didn't want my thoughts and feelings about masks to be influenced by others. I felt I needed to make sure this was something that actually bothered me or if it was just job stress / nerves.

Ok. I haven't worked in 8 years. I feel I'm ready to work despite new job nerves. If we were not in a pandemic, I'd have been working a while now I'm sure.

I work in retail and most of my coworkers do not wear masks. More customers wear masks than them. They (my coworkers) are all very nice seeming, for the most part. I was even told to come to them first if I have an issue first, instead of just quitting.

The man who is training me called out sick the last time I worked. He doesn't wear a mask. I'm scared.

Its not something I noticed, the no masks, at first. I've only worked 2 shifts. But I definitely notice it now and I even feel angry about it sometimes.

I would either like validation, that its ok to resign over this, or I'd like reasons I should stay. I'm not really sure of the "best" answer.

Its true I'm overwhelmed there. And I haven't worked in so long. I don't want this to shadow my choice bc this is stuff I want to work through and will come up against at any job.

There are breakthrough cases. I'm hearing more and more about them. I just don't see how ppl don't take it seriously. No disrespect to those with different views. But mine is that covid is real, can kill, there are breakthrough cases, and it is scary.

I don't know what to do. I would like some insight here. I am meeting with a support person Monday about this and will write pros and cons list.

I do have another interview next week. Not sure if its a right fit but yeah. And I'm planning to go to school in winter / spring for something career oriented.

Last edited by WovenGalaxy; Oct 09, 2021 at 09:47 PM..
WovenGalaxy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bpforever1, Discombobulated, seesaw, SprinkL3, unaluna